Friday 10 October 2014

How to beat the beading blues.

As a designer I often get the beading blues where I just want to get into bed to do nothing. Through the years I have learned some skills of how to get through these times and would like to share some of these skills with you. What not to do: 1. Try to avoid getting into bed and do nothing. 2. Avoid binging on sweet or unhealthy foods. 3. If you are down because someone criticized you, try not to dwell on it for too long. 4. Don't isolate yourself. 5. Avoid spending money you do not have or buy stuff you do not need. 6. Avoid spending too much time on Facebook. How to turn your blues around: 1. I am actually sometimes glad for the blue times because these are the times when I get my administration done. During these periods I do my tax and accounts which are usually grossly neglected in my creative periods. 2. Another activity that helps me, is tidying my studio or the house in general. I always feel better when my studio and house is clean and tidy. 3. Something else I do is to unpick all my failed projects to recoup the beads. This can also be an inspiration for a new project. 4. There is nothing like talking to a good friend who understands what one is going through. The friend that I rely on to help me get out of the blues, lives far away and I have to talk to her on the phone most of the time. Going to visit this friend is even better. 5. Vigorous exercise and deep breathing also helps. It will be even better if done with a friend. 6. I make a point of buying and preparing some healthy food to nibble on when I get the binging feeling. I also don't buy sweets and things that could lead to temptation. 7. When I battle to get out of bed, I select a couple of beading books or magazines and page through them while in bed. 8. Something else that helps me, is to watch a romantic comedy. 9. I also find weeding the garden can be therapeutic. Let me know if these tips helped you.

No comments:

Post a Comment